-->

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Women

I have a friend in Nashville...such a strong woman
she's celebrating some huge changes in her life
She's a Mom, 2 sons  last one finally off to college
and a daughter with cerebral palsy (an amazing young lady herself)...
very well  put together..southern family...loving..welcoming...
just had her 2 year sober birthday...that's sooooo big!
and as if that wasn't enough, yesterday she started a whole new adventure
she's back to university at Vanderbilt...to be a Psychiatric NP
I woke up first thing this morn and thought to check-in on her.
She is Just Amazing!!
very very close to my heart as we experienced A LOT over my last year there

Soooo...driving to my internship this morning for my first day,
I got into some deep thinking...about women.
I have been blessed lately...meeting, being, talking with some pretty amazing women
I'm not talking girlfriends..those are great too...buuttt
I'm talking about women...older...grateful...conscious...
empowered...messing up and starting again...human...strong
guiding younger women...in any role (friend, therapist, adviser, teacher, sponsor, artist,)
I thought about these women
who have nudged me, encouraged me, offered reality checks, dragged me lol...
aware of the power women have in being there for other women...
there's nothing like it...

I am so grateful for these women in my life
If you've known me at all  it's hard to believe those words just come out of ME
If you had asked me a few years ago...told me that I would someday write this post
I would have laughed my butt off.

But here I am...and I seriously wouldn't know where I would be
if it hadn't been for the women who have grabbed my hand
or taken me in...pointed the way...
were there for me...or are encouraging me today
sharing with me their life stories as women.
even taking some of my stuff with them in their lives.
Thank you...for the courage...and love.

No comments:

Personal Mandalas