-->

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Update

Sorta regretting pressing send
Sorta satisfied and proud though too
Sorta scared about being satisfied and proud

Sorta doubting...knowing only a handful of people that actually read what I write here
if that...so what difference does it really make...
the only reason...the hope in it, is that it will stay here...in cyber universe
that it will be permanent enough...that someday..someone may need it...and find it.
or maybe it's just meant to help....me.

It brought about so many new insecurities.
about what I wanted, what I needed
about strings and pressures...and honesty
about someone reading it and hating me or
appreciating it... it proving to be good
or friends feeling like they have to love me...or running 
about people thinking I am not as far as I am
when I know how far I really am.
See...it's not that I am just facing it now.
JMJ!!!...I have been open to this thing forever
and have been facing the reality of it for a long time
and finally accepting and appreciating it for the past few years
and then finding good ways of coping

I talk about it...I have shared it with my friends...I have even shared it in class.
BUT I have never made it wide open public 
and using the EXACT words I feel...not slimming it down and making it pretty
pressing send meant that I am going to share it
publicly describe and announce the desperation that I sometimes feel
being completely bare...literally standing...not just naked...but skinless
and to vow to be completely honest and not just telling a story...

This is big for so many reasons
for one, I am counseling people...and self-disclosure is such a risk
secondly, the fear of retribution...
so many times, I need to share something about this...I need to express a desperation
but there is a huge risk...because it could be held against you
as a parent...going through a divorce...especially
but it NEEDS to be talked about...by me..by other people...
not talking...having people hold their desperation inside...
that's what has to be feared...that's what will make people blow.
regardless of how fucked up we feel...we need to know we aren't alone in out "fuckedupness"

ok...so back to the doubt...the "people will hate it"..the insecurity
one thing I really really know...that was recently engraved
lonely...pissed...weird...pressure...not cared...?
when I am in the down cycle...the valley...of this BPD,
EVERYTHING is amplified! nothing is what it is.
I'm looking through those distorted glasses
if I can keep reminding myself of that...even just slightly remember
then it's a little better.

No comments:

Personal Mandalas