-->

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Super Woman Sadness

I did it
I made it here alive
All on my own
I figured it out
The tires…$...the car
Fixed part of it on my own
Drove all the way here on my own
Not a big deal...I’ve made 13 hour drives on my own more than once
Opened up the ole cabin
The last vacation anyone took here was in 2007
I did it, electricity, water, putting things back
Taking things away...figuring it out
Just me and Luna next to me
Hot water…then BAM! No hot water!
Super mom to figure it out
Trim to Home Depot get some “stuff”
Replace all the pieces on my own
Two thermostats, new wiring
heating elements (I called the filaments at first..lol)
Muscled it out…figured it out

I’m laying out this stuff and thinking,
“Gosh, Teresa…most women just don’t do it this way!”

I’m doing it this way…I am…and I’m proud..I think..
So why am I so super sad?

Well, OK…so there’s the medicine change.
And there’s the re-adjustment to Luna
The discipline, the mistakes, the yelling, the super insensitive scolding
But we had that talk last night and worked through our feelings and frustrations
And then I got my period…surprise!

But, I think the super sadness….I think it’s more than that.
This sadness is hiding…being sneaky deep inside
You know what I think it is? I think it’s the “on my own” thing
It keeps running away from me, but it’s there

There’s no one around to share all of this with
The responsibility
I know with someone by my side I’d STILL wanna be super woman
I’d probably even be arguing with them about it
But…they’d be there
And when I did a “figure it out on my own” thing
Someone else would be there to say “Wow!”

It’s not just that.
Even at Walmart…buying stuff
I don’t wanna walk around picking things…quietly
Yelling at Luna for not letting me think
Cause I’d have someone to else to help me think

At night...here in the cabin...it is SO quiet
no TV, internet (I have to drive to get this internet) no noise
And so when we got back to the cabin...
.....this is the funny thing....
I'd have someone to get away from...
you know what I mean?
They'd be there...with me...
but I'd be annoyed and wanting my space
Superwoman space
and SOMEHOW...that sounds less sad than
"doing it on my own"

1 comment:

Merry ME said...

I think it is perfectly normal for Super Woman to want to have someone to high five or fist bump with after completing repairs to a hot water heater. It's easy to see why you could be sad for not having that. The thing is, though, to stay in the moment. Don't push the sadness away so much as rejoice in your own power. There is a time for every season. Maybe this is the time for you to become aware of and embrace your strengths.

Personal Mandalas