-->

Friday, August 6, 2010

Life happens...even on vacation.

Ah...the first day of my vacation...
I've really really been waiting for this...
The past few days my heart has been jumpin around like a little kid
asking all kinds of questions...like "are we there yet? what's it gonna be like?"
And my brain kept saying, "Almost...just a little longer...as soon as I finish this or that!"
The "this or that" list kept growing...but I was ok...cause we'd arrive here soon.

Life happens though...

My day was everything below the sky I'd hoped for
Payroll lost my paycheck....I lost my only debit card...
and then I wrecked my car on the way home.
Yes, I'm safe...but the car can't make a five minute drive

The first few hours...I had beams of patience
I surprised myself...was proud....a master of serenity
breathing...and really really proud

Watching my plans as they ran away, though..
it made my serenity chip...cracking little by little..
I took some tape to it..but I kept cracking
I WANTED to blow...I needed to...
but I wanted serenity too. and I wanted vacation.

I heard my inner voice singing gratitude that I was safe
my next paycheck will be bigger
and since I don't have my debit card, I won't waste $
I heard my inner spirit gently whispering patience
I heard my inner accountant banging on the door
I heard my inner child whimpering through disappointment

Not sure where I am right now
Stuck somewhere in that place between all or nothing.
No...wait...actually..not in that space...
that space seems like it might be OK..
at least if I was in that middle space, I'd feel both sides together
What I'm doing right now is more like jumping
back and forth from one side..far across to the other
getting really really dizzy.

It's a real struggle...
I want to do the right thing..be grateful..be patient..I was proud of that, remember?
but I also have this other stuff in me...worried...disappointed...ready to throw in the towel

The thing is that unless I stop jumping,
I won't be able to focus on the solution.

1 comment:

Merry ME said...

Sounds like the kind of day where you know when you go to bed it's got to be better in the morning.

About the only thing I can suggest would be to keep breathing. Slow and steady.

And just for the record, I'd be screaming like a two year old who is tired and hasn't eaten in hours. It wouldn't be pretty. If you are maintaining even a semblance of patience I think you're on the right track.

Personal Mandalas