-->

Thursday, August 5, 2010

The boy that made me g..g..g...o crazy!

I think we all have had one..
I hope so...cause it's a pretty fun experience
A boy or girl that made us lose all faculties
Our heart would blast in all directions as soon as he'd walk in the room.
and if you had to talk to them, you'd stutter some random words out

Oh....Fitz....my Fitz
He'd pass by us and I'd say "Hi Guys!!"
to him...no one else there...just him..."Hi guys!" lol.
I'd time my visits to the gym for him...
pushing 60 minutes on the stair master..with full make up
Nothing would make sense when he was around.
I just couldn't breathe

We finally had a date...I made him dinner...
sliced my finger as I was cutting an onion..(still have the scar)
dropped the salt into pot of pasta and baked a pumpkin pie...
THE infamous pumpkin pie story...I said it was from scratch...
Ms. Smith was not too happy.

Didn't date for long...
I went back to stalking him
He went back to calling me "Kiddo"

We've actually talked a few times here and there over the past 10 years
Ironically, HIM finding me somehow..
Chatting and losing touch again.

So....I got a random email today...
   "Hey, T...I hope this is the same Teresa
    from The University of Chicago.. how are you?"

Seriously?...I wasted hours..days...for 2 years...for Fitz
He wants to say hello?
all those days...all that heart ache just to be noticed
feeling like I must not exist...less than...unworthy
I thought about vomiting

And he's not the only one. 
There are a handful of guys who broke my heart
who made me work so hard for their attention
and yet, years later, try to reconnect or keep in touch.
I can think of one who broke my heart over and over
and NOW continuously knocks on my door...lol
This time around..I'm in a much healthier place
I opened the email...and giggled...and then laughed...even snorted!

That sassy girl in my head concocted an imaginary response,
     "Hello, Fitz! I'm doing well...How are YOU doing?
      I would love to catch up...
      Please send check or money order to 20 Franklin Pl.
      I figure 7 years of therapy...50% credited to my ex.
      The remainder split among you and approximately 7 others...
      $4,000 should cover it...or at least pay for one conversation
      Let me know if you're still interested."

Time to take back my feminine power....

No comments:

Personal Mandalas