-->

Saturday, July 31, 2010

"Gorgeous-day" wishes and the end of my couch.

Today was a beautiful day.
Everyone was saying it
Gorgeous day wished all over the place
I must have said it at least 20 times in emails or texts
"Enjoy the gorgeous day!!"

So. you can only imagine..
how much I yelled at myself...literally scolded myself...
because I stayed in the house....
ALL day!!

Not only did I stay in the house,
I stayed on the same part of the couch...
Not only did I stay on the same part of the couch
I had the TV on the ENTIRE time
Not only did I have the TV on the entire time
I was on the computer almost every second

"What a shame", someone said...
Yeah...that's just what I needed...
to feel more shame

I head over to Facebook..
wow...people really seemed to "Enjoy the gorgeous day!"
What's wrong with ME?
I've got nothing, girl!..what a shame.

Why is there so much pressure to "enjoy the weather!"
OR...WAIT...why is there pressure to enjoy the sunny days?

You know...I've come to really enjoy rainy, stormy days.
Because no one expects anything from you on rainy days.
There's a rainy day pass that gets handed out on those days.
And for me...the lack of pressure feels so good...such a relief
that on those days...the stormy, thundery rainy ones...
Those are the days I truly enjoy the weather.

Those are the days I get off my ass.
I smell the sweetness of rain and let the humidity soak my breath.
They remind me of soccer..
wet grass and sweat and soaked jersey and mud..
I enjoy the weather on THOSE days the most...

Even if I do nothing on rainy days...well...that's ok..
Nobody is judging what you do with rainy days.
It's peaceful outside on rainy days...
When I go to Facebook and everyone is bitching about the rain..
I smile...what a relief!

I'm sorry...I know that most people loved the day today.
I hope they went outside and soaked it in.
I'm happy for you who did.

But I wonder if there are other people like me...
other people who will go to bed wishing for a thunder storm.

No comments:

Personal Mandalas