-->

Monday, December 13, 2010

Human Connection

Big long exasperated sigh..... 
 

Last night was the season finale of Dexter
absolutely one of my favorite shows
who would think that one could feel so much love...
Empathy...for a serial killer...almost connected to his pain
If you've seen it you'll understand what I'm saying
What he does is horrific...
but when he talks about his "Dark Passenger"...
my heart gets all stiff and sad for him
 

So...last night...almost to the end...as we hear his internal dialogue
He looks around at his family and friends who are celebrating together
We hear his thoughts...
 

"They make it look so easy...connecting with another person...
it's like no one told them it was the hardest thing to do in the world
 

It hit me hard...that line...that thought...punched my gut
and today...today I felt every bit of it...reminded the whole day

No comments:

Personal Mandalas