-->

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Luna's kindness

I realize she's my daughter and all...lol...but..
Luna is the coolest form of kindness and hope
Just the way she generally is....just in general being...
she's always just...willing to love
I remember when she was 3 or 4....
we lived in Manhattan and I coordinated  a women's shelter every Friday night
she would love to come with me...
set up the beds and sheets and pillows and a table with food
and when the women would come in...off the street...
they were kinda worn out...kinda stinky and all
any other kid would have been freaked out...
but Luna would run to these women...
She'd show them their beds...and sit with them as they ate
One time she brought a book...
she let one of the ladies...one that I was even scared of...
sit with her and read "Walter the Farting Dog"
and they laughed so hard

I love my little girl...
she's getting older...and living in Jersey,
she's getting that eye rolling sass stuff
but...gosh...God just gave me the best little girl for me...
When I think about my future plans to work in Africa
I just feel so blessed that I have a little girl that will jump along with me

As I said to my friend Mary,
I know I'm not perfect...really far from it...especially as a Mom
and she's pretty close to it...but not perfect
BUT...I do know that she is perfect to me

(Mary, I hope you don't mind me posting this
I realized how many good memories it brought out after I wrote it)

No comments:

Personal Mandalas