-->

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Just like me, right

"Oh boy"..I think.."oh no"...except with harsher words that start with sh and d and f and the whole list.  How am I going to do this? I can't take it now..how am I going to manage in a few years. Maybe it will get easier.  Maybe I can "nip it in the bud"...except that she's already sprouted...I hope it's not too late.


Why is is that I'm so impatient? She thinks she knows everything...she's eight...but she thinks she knows more than me about it all...and it frustrates the heck out of me...to the point that eventually I snap. 
I say, "Are you kidding me?? You are EIGHT!! Seriously...what makes you think you know better? It is disrespectful...do not correct me.." blah blah blah and all the other things impatient adults say.


But...there it is...in that last statement, "Do not correct me!"...ah...I get it.  She's just like me...just like me...exactly like me.  She wants to know everything...she wants to show me she knows...she wants to be right and right in the middle of the conversation.  She wants to prove something or just fit in.  She wants to be right.  Yes...that's what it is!
Because I want to be right...and I don't want to be challenged...because I'm older...and obviously I know better...right right right..because I'm 32...and I know more...so don't challenge me.


Just like her..I want to prove something...and yes, I'm 32..lol..I should know better.


This type of revelation happens all the time.  It's just me and her...every day...90% of the time...just us.  And...while we're very different in a lot of frustrating ways, we are VERY much alike.  It bugs me...It's hard to go through...you want to ALWAYS be loving...but I'm impatient...with her..about the things I don't like about me...how can I blame her? And when I have this revelation...I breathe...my heart warms...I give her a hug...and cut both of us a break...we deserve it...

No comments:

Personal Mandalas